Sunday, August 02, 2009

Love As A Way Of Life

Love as a Way of Life: The Seven Secrets Behind Every Language of Love Love as a Way of Life: The Seven Secrets Behind Every Language of Love by Gary Chapman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In reading this book I was challenged to re-evaluate how I show love to people in my life. Dr. Chapman's walk through Kindness, Patience, Forgivness, Courtesy, Humility, Generosity, and Honesty is rather simple, yet is a good reminder of how we should be fleshing these qualities out each and every day. This is a good book to read or listen to as a refresher course on loving others to stir up our passion for doing so and our creativity in doing so. The fact that there is a book on the market that addresses this topic in such a simple way is sad evidence to the lack of basic love and compassion in people. While I know that it is due to the fact that we are all sinners, I do hope that we can teach our children these basic principles that I remember growing up learning. We shouldn't be adults needing to read this book to learn about it. It should be as I said before: a refresher course. But if not, and you are learning about love for the first time, this is a good book to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails