Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Don’t Like To Read! by Nancy Carlson

I Don't Like to Readimage I Don't Like to Read by Nancy Carlson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

BOOK OVERVIEW:

This is one of several books about Henry the mouse and his school day adventures. This book - I Don't Like to Read! - is about just what it says. However, with a little extra help and some motivation, too, Henry soon finds that he does want to read.

MY REVIEW:

The name caught my attention right away and I was not disappointed by this book. We also enjoyed reading other books in this series to help set the stage for who Henry was and his school struggle. This one is a simple and fun way to start a conversation with your kids about reading or not reading; especially with a child who also may not want to read. I appreciated the way it addressed the struggle without making a big deal about it and then in the end showing how Henry, with a little extra work, learned how to read and then could enjoy it.

MORE BOOKS:

There are several more books in this series.  We have read a few of these and like what we have read so far.

Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come (Picture Puffins)

Henry and the Valentine Surprise

First Grade, Here I ComeHenry's Amazing ImaginationStart Saving, Henry!

Henry's 100 Days of Kindergarten

Henry's Show and Tell

Related Posts with Thumbnails