Friday, May 28, 2010

Moses & Noah I Can Read Books by Zonderkids

Moses, God's Brave Servant: Biblical Values (I Can Read!â„¢ / Dennis Jones Series) image Moses, God's Brave Servant: Biblical Values by Dennis Jones

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW:

An I Can Read! book with a spiritual emphasis and biblical lesson is a great idea. However, while this book is age appropriate on an academic level, the biblical content is leaves much to be desired. There are facts left out and facts that are altered - such as Moses being taken to the palace as a baby. While it's a good idea for a book, I can't recommend a book in which my 5-year-old picks-up on incorrect facts.

* * * * *

Noah and God's Great Promise: Biblical Values (I Can Read!â„¢ / Dennis Jones Series) image Noah and God's Great Promise: Biblical Values by Dennis Jones

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW:

I appreciate Zonderkids imitative to publish I Can Read! books that not only aid a child in reading skills but also in their Bible knowledge. However, this book about Noah, while relatively sound in the fact department, is just too childish. I truly respect and like the concept, but my 6-year-old daughter laughed at all the pictures as she read and kept mentioning how they weren't true pictures..."the boat didn't look like that!", etc. This book also doesn't change facts as much as in Moses but still is not as concrete as it could and should be.

* * * * *

This review copy was provided courtesy of Zonderkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails