Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire: What Happens When God's Spirit Invades the Hearts of His PeopleimageFresh Wind, Fresh Fire: What Happens When God's Spirit Invades the Hearts of His People by Jim Cymbala
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW:

I think it was the title...but for whatever reason this is a book I had seen many times and just never bought for myself to read. But recently when a dear man of God recommended this to our church leadership I immediately found it on PaperBackSwap and began to read it.

WOW!

This book is not about the how-to's of prayer like so many other books are, but about the why we pray and the power of prayer. And for those of you in my circle, it's not "out there" either. While there are a few things I can't say I agree with, there is a whole lot more that I heartily say "Amen!" to and long to see happen in the local churches around here.

It's hard to pull apart this book to determine my favorite part...but if forced to make a choices I would say it was the chapter titled "The Lure of Novelty" where Cymbala speaks frankly on the the power of prayer against casting out and binding. I really appreciated his very balanced approach to this issue and his loving way of stating the truth.

I highly recommend this book for those who want to understand prayer more and be challenged to pray more. I don't know how anyone could not be excited after reading this book filled with a multitude of testimonies from Cymbala and his congregation. Teens and adults of all ages need to read this book and practice it's passion!

BOOK OVERVIEW:

Pastor Jim Cymbala shares the lessons he learned when the Spirit ignited his heart and began to move through his people. This book is for anyone seeking to live at the center of God’s purposes, through experiencing the power of his Spirit. This softcover edition includes a study guide.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails