Monday, July 11, 2011

My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife by Sara Horn

My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife: A One-Year Experiment...and Its Surprising ResultsimageMy So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife: A One-Year Experiment...and Its Surprising Results by Sara Horn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW:

This is one of those books that I had such mixed emotions about. First I liked it, then I didn't, then I did again. It's also a bit different than any other book I have read - not fiction, not really biography, not Bible study...more like reading someone's diary which in turns make you think about your own life.

I recommend this book for those who want another perspective on the Proverbs 31 Woman or for those who think that she's too old fashioned to apply to their lifestyle. While I don't personally agree with every thing that Sara said or concludes with...I appreciated her light-hearted, yet very thought provoking, and personal look at this unnamed woman and how we can learn from her even in today's culture. It was a fun read and made me feel like I had a new friend as I eavesdropped on Sara's life for a whole year. For women looking for a relaxing yet thoughtful read, this is for you.

BOOK OVERVIEW:

Author Sara Horn always admired the Proverbs 31 wife, but when she became a busy writer and mother, she deemed this model to be dated and impossible. Or is it? Join Sara as she heads into a one-year domestic experiment and offers full access to see if this biblical model can be embraced by a modern woman—even one who can’t sew.

With humility and humor, Sara sets out to pursue the Proverbs 31 characteristics through immersing herself in all things domestic, but when her family's situation changes and she must return to a full-time job, she's forced to look at the Proverbs 31 woman with a whole new viewpoint. Through it all, she and readers discover:

what it means to be a godly woman and a wife
how investing in family and faith refines priorities as a spouse and a parent
how mistakes are opportunities for growth


This thought-provoking, surprising, and entertaining personal account will inspire women to try their own experiments in living out God’s purpose for their lives.

* * * * *

This review copy was provided courtesy of NetGalley but the opinion expresses is purely my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mandy for reviewing the book! I have to agree with you, this was a very different book for me to write! :) And it turned out much different than what I had initially thought it would be. Appreciate your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails