Monday, June 15, 2009

Humility: True Greatness

Humility: True Greatness Humility: True Greatness by C. J. Mahaney

rating: 5 of 5 stars

I learned so much from this book I am having a hard time putting it all into one or two review paragraphs. This book does a wonderful job of taking you from an intellectual understanding of humility to the practical application of how you can daily grow in humility. C.J. Mahaney walks you through The Battle of Humility Versus Pride, Our Savior and the Secret of True Greatness, and lastly The Practice of True Humility. There was so much in this book that lept of the pages at me! One of the main points for my life was probably the need for staying charged and how we can not just have our devotions once a day and expect them to "last" as if it's some sort of time-lapse capsul. We need - I need - to be renewing my mind with my Savior through out the day through prayer, reading His Word, meditating on His Word, and worship. I highly recommend this book and would like to suggest you read it along with another book by this author, The Cross Centered Life Keeping the Gospel The Main Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails