Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Priest (Sons Of Encouragement)

The Priest (Sons of Encouragement #1) The Priest by Francine Rivers

rating: 5 of 5 stars

"The Priest" was the first Francine River's book I have read. I was not dissapointed! Francine did an amazing job of staying true to the Biblical account of Aaron while at the same time capturing his emotions and human perspective as a simple man beyond that of the title of "Bible character".

She probed the depth of what it was like to be a man that many in today's age admire and scorn in the same breath. I walked into this story thinking "how could he have made the golden calf?", and stumbled away convicted of the times I, too, have crumbled under pressure and the curse of sin.

I began the story with a judging heart of Aaron and ended the book in tears as I reflected on my own rebellious heart.

"The Priest" brought new meaning and life to the account of the Israelite's journey from Egypt to the Promised Land in a way that touched both my mind and heart.

This book is not only an enjoyable and relaxing read, but a challenge to your own walk with the Great I Am.

I am honored to give this excellent work of writing a 5 star rating! This is a must read for all; young and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails