Saturday, July 04, 2009

Read With Me

Do you have family devotions?


I know that question is like opening a can of worms. There are as many opinions out there as there are methods to go with this question.


I came from a family that went through spurts of having a family devotional time. My husband came from a family that never had family devotions. I want family devotions all the time; he doesn't want to be stuck in the rut with something.


So I have searched for something simple that was age appropriate for our kids (2-5). That was the hardest part of the challenge! But after hours of browsing online and in our local Christian bookstore, and money spent on some that didn't end up working for us, I finally found one that we all like for the most part.


It's got a page for each day of the year, but they are numbered so you can start and end in the middle of the month, the middle of the year, or at the beginning. It's all up to you. It's an overview of the Bible so the kids get familiar with it in a broad sense rather than just topical or just a book. It gives the passage to read, some extra info about it, an all by myself section to read for kids who are just learning, and questions for you to ask your kids.


So if by chance you are browsing just like I was, let me suggest this great book that is easily customizable to your family. After all, we are each a unique family unit and each looking for something to "fit" our family. This just might be a one size fits all for homes with younger kids.


Read with Me: 365 Family Readins Giving an Overview of the Bible Read with Me: 365 Family Readins Giving an Overview of the Bible by Jean Stapleton

rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a book for daily reading to give your kids an overview of the Bible. My girls love it and I'm able to ask my own questions and read the story out of their own Bible to make it more personal. Out of all the resources out there...and I've look through many, but not all...this is my favorite. Easy to use. Not too simple. Not too hard. Not too long. Not too short. It's JUST RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails