Friday, August 21, 2009

Hunger Pains

Hunger Pains: A Woman's Guide to a Spiritual Fast Hunger Pains: A Woman's Guide to a Spiritual Fast by Cynthia Moe

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Do ever wonder about fasting? Have you considered doing a longer fast? Maybe even 40 days? If you answer yes to any or all of these questions then I highly recommend this book to you. It is a Woman's guide to fasting, but I think a guy could benefit from the overall concept as well.

Cynthia walks with you through a 40 day fast in her own journal along with scripture and thought provoking questions. As I embarked on my own journey it was like having a friend right by my side encouraging me and helping me. Many times I would be thinking or feeling something and the next day I would read about her own thoughts on the matter! This guide helped me to connect the physical part of fasting with the spiritual part in a healthy balance.

Even if you do not want to fast I highly recommend this book so that you can learn more about fasting. In either case it will encourage your walk with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails