There are over 4 million "Be" books in print and there is a reason for that! This book, along with it's counterparts, are excellent resources for the person in the pew as well as the full-time ministry personnel.
Reading this book is not like reading a dry, just the facts, commentary - it's like reading a fascinating book that helps you really grasp the passages of Genesis 25-50. Wiersbe explains the scripture in a clear way that is easy to understand for anyone, not just the scholars. I highly recommend buying this series of books that will walk you through the entire Bible so that you can have personal access to digging deeper in your walk with Christ.
Here is some more detailed information on this book:
As pastors seek to make the Word of God more understandable in an age that is unfamiliar with the Bible and as growing disciples seek to discover the truth of Scripture in a skeptical culture, there is a great need for guidance in both the preaching and study of God’s Word. Whether you’re a pastor, a seminary student or a truth-seeking disciple, an understanding of the Bible can be made clear to you with the help of one of the most influential, in-depth and practical Bible scholars in modern history.
A man who has given his life to a deep examination of the Word of God, Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe is an internationally known Bible teacher, former pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago and the author of more than 150 books. For over thirty years, millions have come to rely on the timeless wisdom of Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe’s “Be” Commentary series. Dr. Wiersbe’s commentary and insights on Scripture have helped readers understand and apply God’s Word with the goal of life transformation. Dubbed by many as the “pastor’s pastor,” Dr. Wiersbe skillfully weaves Scripture with historical explanations and thought-provoking questions, communicating the Word in such a way that the masses grasp its relevance for today.
Easily accessible for both pastors and lay people alike, Wiersbe’s profound study guides can be used in personal Bible study or with a group. David C Cook’s third installment of eight revised “BE” series volumes each feature updated content for today’s readers, a new introduction by Ken Baugh and new study questions for each chapter. The 2009 expanded Bible commentaries will include the following studies:
· Be Diligent (A Study of Matthew) encourages us to follow Christ’s example and actively serve others and God. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6631-1/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
· Be Wise (A Study of 1 Corinthians) explores 1 Corinthians, Paul’s practical guide to seeking Godly wisdom. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6636-6/192 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
· Be Authentic (A Study of Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph) shares how we can pursue authentic relationships with others and God. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6630-4/192 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
· Be Basic (A Study of Genesis) gives fundamental truths from the book of Genesis on relationships, faith, sin and spiritual fulfillment. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6635-9/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
· Be Obedient (A Study of Abraham) explores the remarkable life of Abraham and shows how we too can be obedient through faith. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6632-8/160 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
· Be Strong (A Study of Joshua) shares the need for strong believers of purpose, while encouraging us to lead victorious lives. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6637-3/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
· Be Decisive (A Study of Jeremiah) powerful insights for making the decisive, powerful choice to live by God’s absolute truth and values. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6634-2/204 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
· Be Encouraged (A Study of 2 Corinthians) is a lively commentary that will help you be encouraged no matter what challenges come your way. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6633-5/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
Acclaimed worldwide as a pastoral resource for international leaders, the “BE” series will soon include companion study guides—the Wiersbe Bible Study Series—with each study guide correlating with the appropriate “BE” book. David C Cook plans to release additional editions of the series over the next few years.
The “BE” Series by Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe
David C Cook/January and March 2010
This review copy was provided courtesy of David C. Cook.