Wednesday, March 24, 2010

In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham

In the Presence of My Enemiesimage In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW:

I remember hearing updates about the plight of the Burnhams on the radio through out their capture, and while my heart ached for them and their children, I did not have a full understanding of what was going on. Listening to this audio book of Gracia's book In the Presence of My Enemies brought their trial to life for me in my own home. I was horrified at what they had to go through, broken-hearted for their children, frustrated with the lack of action taken to rescue them, and completely overwhelmed and convicted by the godly way in which the Burnhams responded in this journey.

Martin and Gracia Burnham were a living example of what it meant to live for Christ and to count it all joy when we face trials. Their story ended with such bitter-sweetness, yet through it all God was glorified.

This audio book was well narrated and easy to listen to and follow while working around the house or exercising. This book, audio or print, will keep you on the edge of your seat, soften your heart to the experiences of others, and challenge you to walk the extra mile in your own walk with Christ.

* * * * *

This review copy was provided courtesy of the christianaudio Reviewers Program.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Related Posts with Thumbnails