Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Living The Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney

Living the Cross Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main ThingimageLiving the Cross Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing by C.J. Mahaney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW:

Living the Cross Centered Life is a book that has found a permanent home on my bookshelf. It's short, it's sweet, and it's simply simple. I greatly appreciate how C.J. Mahaney takes us back to the basics of the Christian life - the gospel - to which all the Bible points to.

I enjoyed this book that made me stop and fully look at God's love for me through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I was convicted of my check-list spiritual habits that take away from keeping the gospel the main thing of my relationship with Christ. This is a book that I will re-read over and over again as I "preach to myself" rather than "listen to myself". C.J. took hard issues, like legalism, and made it so easy to understand and deal with these things Biblically in my life.

While Mahaney takes a graphic look at the price that Christ paid on our behalf, I highly recommend this book to any and all teens and adults. I firmly believe you will be encouraged, challenged, and refreshed in your relationship with Christ and what it means on a moment by moment basis.

BOOK OVERVIEW:

What Really Matters
Have the extremities taken over and left the core of your faith forgotten? Do you get confused by what you feel versus what is real? Let dynamic pastor C. J. Mahaney strip away the nonessentials and bring you back to the simplest, most fundamental reason for your faith: Jesus Christ. This book is packed with powerful truth that will grip your heart, clear your mind, and invigorate your soul. Chapters include "Breaking the Rules of Legalism," "The Cross Centered Day," and "Assurance and Joy." Get ready to behold a breathtaking view of what God intends to accomplish in and through you every day. You’ll discover how embracing this cross centered life is both our highest privilege and greatest responsibility.

His Gift, Your Hope
Do you desire more passion for Jesus Christ? Return to the very essence of your faith—the cross of Christ. Here, the deepest truths of Calvary will stir your passion for Him into an unquenchable fire.

"Never lay it aside. Never move on," says C. J. Mahaney, who shows you how to center every day around the life-giving reality of the gospel and how to escape the pitfalls of legalism, condemnation, and feelings-driven faith.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book years ago and have it on my shelf, but I've completely forgotten just about everything in it so I think it's time for a reread! Thanks for reminding me of this one!

    ReplyDelete

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails