Friday, June 12, 2009

Do Hard Things

Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations by Alex Harris

rating: 5 of 5 stars

AMAZING!

I could simply leave my review at that - "Amazing!" - because that is the best word I have to sum this book up. But for the sake of getting more people to read this book I will try to give a review.

First I want to say that this book, while written for teens, is good for anyone to read. I highly recommend that parents read this book.

The theme is rebeling against low expectations and doing hard things rather than settle for status quo. I liked the practical application such as:

Three Strategies For Stepping Higher
1. Do what's hard for you.
2. Be known for what you do (more than for what you don't).
3. Pursue excellence, not excuses.

And I really enjoyed all the examples of teens who have been and are working on hard things of their own. I think my favorite chapter was chapter 8: "Small Hard Things" where they talked about the fact that hard things are not always big things that everyone sees. Spending a consistent time with God each day is a hard thing. Obeying your parents with a good attitude is a hard thing. The list could go on! And on!

Alex and Brett sum the Rebelution up with 3 things - character, competence, and collaboration. And I will let you READ the book to find out why!

There is more to life than just "floating along" and "hanging out" with friends and this book will encourage and show you how to move beyond the "average" life.

Now, do a hard thing and block off some time to read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails