Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Five Love Languages Of Apology

Five Languages Apology: How to Experience Healing in All Your Relationships Five Languages Apology: How to Experience Healing in All Your Relationships by Gary Chapman

rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the first chapter of this book and agree with the authors that there are various languages of apology. I have noticed in my own marriage that at times my husband and I struggle with communicating our apology to one another. But within the next few chapters I soon disagreed with the author about the issue of when to forgive. I believe that we need to be cultivating a heart of forgiveness and taking our hurt to God so that when someone does apologies we are ready to extend our forgiveness to them.

The more I read, I was struck with the fact that the root of the problem is pride. We stuggle to give some one an apology because of our own pride! If you have time to read this book I would suggest you instead read some good books about pride. If you begin to work on the pride in your life - we all have it! - I tink the languages of apology will come from the overflow of humbleness that you begin to cultivate.

I recommend 2 books:
Humility True Greatness
I Really Want to Change... So, Help Me God

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails