Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's So Spiritual About Your Gifts?

Finally!

I just finished reading "What's So Spiritual About Your Gifts?" by the father-son team of Henry & Mel Blackaby.

It is an excellent read! I don't say WOW about many books, but this one deserves a WOW!

It helped to change the way I view the role of the Holy Spirit in my life. I think this quote sums it up pretty well.
"Many want the Spirit's power but not the Spirit's purity. The Holy Spirit does not rent out His attributes. His power is never separated from His glorious Self." - James A. Stewart

And then this quote from the book will explain my excitement in my changed perspective
"He may choose to take you into areas of service in which you're naturally weak, to reveal His strength and bring glory to Himself."

Now this my friend is "scary" but also something to be excited about! The prayer of my heart is to be used by God and this book has helped my understand how it's my job to be obedient to the Holy Spirit.

Sounds easy, huh? Like telling our kids, "Just obey"!

Oh, but we all know it's not. However, through Him I will obey Him to bring honor to Him. I hope I'll be able to bring stories to you as I heed the Spirit's promptings and willingly surrender DAILY to Him.

Now, go get a copy of this book! It's one that every one's home libraries should own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails