Monday, March 08, 2010

What’s In The Bible?

Do you have kids who you want to teach about the Bible?  Or do you just enjoy watching kids DVDs?

Is so, watch this short clip and then keep reading to find out how YOU could win a free copy of one of the two new releases!!!

image

image

I am really excited about these 2 new DVDs for kids by Phil Vischer.  His creativity and passion has produced a quality program for kids that is not only entertaining, but incredibly educational.  AND…beyond that, it’s not just academically educational, but Biblically educational.  In short, this video series is like a Bible survey class for kids.  Except that this is a “class” your kids will want to be in on!

My personal take on this series is that over all I really liked it.  In fact, I would award it 4 stars out of 5.  I’ll be honest and tell you that the only reason I don’t give it all 5 stars is because of a few details that to me are personal preferences, namely it’s presentation of creation.  (It explains that some people think that when God created the world a day meant a literal day and that others believe a “day” could have been longer.)  There are many people out there with a strong opinion on this issue in both directions.  While I am in the group that believes a “day” meant a 24 hour day as we know it now, I do not believe that the presentation in this DVD is one to be thrown out completely.  I will let my kids watch it and then talk to them about it both now and as they continue to grow up.  In all fairness to the people who are reading this review and who know me in real life, let me say that this is not a DVD that I would show in church.  However, all that being said…I still have to walk away from this DVD saying that I am impressed.

There was a lot in these two episodes that most adults might not even know!  And the great thing about What’s In The Bible is that it teaches Bible survey in a fun way and with a very understandable presentation to young kids.  These programs are a great blend of a real human person talking (Phil Vischer himself), animation, and puppets.  The characters are both funny and lovable and will appeal not only to kids, but to adults as well.  And, the adults might just learn a whole lot, too, while watching with their kids! 

In The Beginning and Let My People Go will be a great educational and entertainment addition to your DVD collection and would be great movies to use for a family movie night for younger families with children 9 years old and younger.  Although, I would not be surprised to find older kids enjoying them, too!

For more information on these new DVD resources for your family visit www.tyndale.com or www.whatsinthebible.com.

And now…

…I have 1 copy of both of these DVDs to giveaway to 2 lucky winners!

Here is how you can enter to win:

1) Please follow this blog through either the Google Friends & Fan box or the Facebook Fan Page.  Then leave a comment a comment on this post and be sure to give me a way to contact you either with a link to your blog, twitter, or e-mail address.

2) For an extra entry you can link this blog – To Read, Or Not To Read – to your own blog list on your own sidebar and then leave another comment telling me you did so with the link to your blog.

Remember, that even if you “do” option 1and/or 2, your entry is not valid unless you LEAVE A COMMENT with a way for me to contact you.

Now…let the fun begin!  Two winners will be drawn on Saturday, March 13th using Random.org to receive the a certificate to redeem for 1 DVD at your local bookstore.

(This drawing is only open to those within the United States.)

* * * * *

The review copy was provided courtesy of Tyndale Publishing.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Related Posts with Thumbnails