Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Book Addicts’ Traveling Headaches

When a book addict travels his/her headaches do not come from delays and rude customer service, but rather from the pressure of deciding what books to take with them!

And yes, *ahem*, I speak from experience!

So imagine my stress {insert sarcastic sigh} when I had to choose my top 3 books to take on a week long trip.  *sigh*  Life is so hard!  {again, sense the sarcasm}

downsized_1022001355 The process began with my decision to NOT take a single book I had to review.  In other words, I wanted to take books from my own “to-read” pile.

I started by opening my cupboard…and picking out a few.

This picture on the left shows only half of my very full cupboard shelf that holds all the books I own and one day intend to read.  Yes, I know I have issues…you’re not the first one to say so!

downsized_1022001356 I closed the cupboard having chosen 6 books out of probably a selection of around 150 -  give or take a few.

Then I let them sit for a few days while I just pretended I didn’t have to make a decision about what ones to take or not.  Finally I faced the task and narrowed it down to 3 books.

Only. Three. Books.  *sniff, sniff*

Out of these 6 wonderful books I am only packing these 3…

downsized_1022001358 
Now, all I need is my comfy new slippers and a pen to underline things…and I’m all set!

Oh!  And be sure to stay tuned for my reviews coming soon.  I hope!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! It is SO hard for me to pick travel reading! I always have to make sure I have a book for every mood with me at all times. And then, of course, wherever I'm traveling to, I always end up buying MORE books as souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails