Monday, March 14, 2011

From the Library of A.W. Tozer by James Stuart Bell

From the Library of A. W. Tozer: Selections From Writers Who Influenced His Spiritual JourneyimageFrom the Library of A. W. Tozer: Selections From Writers Who Influenced His Spiritual Journey by James Stuart Bell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW:

Over the past two years I have developed an appreciation for the writings of "the dead guys" as a well known speaker affectionately refers to them. The writings of men like D.L. Moody, C.S. Lewis, Martin Luther and others are such an amazing encouragement to me. However, in all honesty, I find myself struggling to read an entire volume by them in my demanding, fast pace life when I have other books waiting to be read that are a easier reads. So imagine my excitement at a book that contains shorter excerpts of their works!

This beautiful book - From the Library of A.W. Tozer - is a compilation of one to three page selections of the writers who influenced the spiritual life of A.W. Tozer. The book is broken into topical chapters with many small portions within each chapter. It's the perfect book to leave on the coffee table and read a page or two a day. It is also a fabulous way for those of us who don't have the self discipline to read an entire work from one of these men of faith to enjoy small bits at a time. Rather than own multiple books you may never finish or use, this is a book you most likely will pick up again and again.

I enjoyed this book for the highly impacting messages in such small portions making it something that was easy to understand and stay with you through out the day. This book is not overwhelming or daunting, but uplifting and addicting!

BOOK OVERVIEW:

A Collection of Writings That Shaped One of the Most Influential Pastors of the Twentieth Century

Pull back the curtain on the life and mind of A. W. Tozer as you read selections from the authors and thinkers who influenced his spiritual journey. Without their words to serve as guides, Tozer never would have become the man of God that he was. Drink deeply from these selections, chosen to emphasize major themes from Tozer's life and ministry--worship, practicing the presence of God, living the Christian life. As you do, you too will grow in your devotion to and understanding of God.

* * * * *

This review copy was provided courtesy of Bethany House but the opinion expressed is my own and was in no way compensated.

1 comment:

  1. I almost requested to review this book, but in the end I thought it would just be too long and dense, especially with all the other heavy nonfiction I read. But I sort of regret it now. Sort of.

    I share an appreciation for "dead guy's" writing. Augustine and Bunyan are favorites, and of course Lewis tops them all!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails