Monday, August 15, 2011

Jump Off The Hormone Swing by Lorraine Pintus

Jump off the Hormone SwingimageJump off the Hormone Swing by Lorraine Pintus
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW:

Encouraging. Inspiring. Convicting. Comforting. Exciting. Practical. Just a few words I would use to describe this book.

As a woman, have you ever thought about how your hormones and monthly cycle are a reminder of God's redeeming love?

Yeah. I thought not.

Neither had I...until I read this amazing book by Lorraine Pintus. Until now I have hated hormones and their affects on my body. But now I have a new appreciation and perspective on God's amazing creation in the female body. Not only has my thinking been changed about such matters, but I am now armed with a whole lot of understanding and practical ideas to embrace my hormones rather than antagonize them.

This book is extremely practical and very comprehensive as it not only addresses the physical and emotional components, but the spiritual ones as well. Lorraine, with both love and humor, shows us how the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects are all tied together and how we should treat them individually and as a whole. Reading this book will open your eyes to God's grace - even to a woman who can go from feeling wonderful to crummy in 5 seconds flat.

This book is a perfect handbook for woman of any age - from teen to post-menopause. It will enable you to understand your own body and be more compassionate to the women around you. I also highly recommend it as reading for husbands who truly want to be a student of their wife or for a Mother/Daughter study together. Anyway you read this you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails