Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Safely Home

Safely HomeimageSafely Home by Randy Alcorn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MY REVIEW

Never did I think I would say "You HAVE to read this!" about a fictional book...but neither had I read Safely Home. This book is about two men who were roommates and friends in college but now are two worlds apart and haven't been in-touch for twenty years. When their paths finally cross once again they realize that they are two worlds apart spiritually speaking. As the story unfolds you find your self face-to-face with the persecuted church of China and the amazing love of a Savior and King.

I absolutely loved this book. My stomach churned at the thought of reading about people being persecuted, but once I began, I could not set it down. This thick fiction read gives you an eternal perspective on God's love and why "bad things" happen. While it seems trite to say, it's the simple truth - when I closed the cover on this book I was a different person. It brings to life before your eyes the power of prayer, the possible encouragement we have on a daily basis, and the powerful love of our God. You'll be left thinking about the profound question: "Is this the day I die?".

I highly - HIGHLY - recommend this book for teens and adults alike. While some of it won't be easy to read, you NEED to read it.

* * * * *

This review copy was provided courtesy of Tyndale but the opinion expressed is my own.

1 comment:

  1. I downloaded this free to Kindle sometime back, so now I'm looking forward to reading it. You gave it such high praise, I'm moving toward the top of my reading list. I am always looking for good fiction that will make me think. There's so much out there that doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts and opinions with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails